***

Sunday 23 August 2009

Flower Festival

Hullo again.. it's been a very busy but enjoyable Sunday. We went to St Marys Church in Donyatt for the Flower Festival. It's a good half hour from home, but it's where I was christened, and where a lot of my dads side of the family is buried. Anyhow, it was the Flower Festival this weekend, raising money for the roof. Is it me, or do all churches spend half their time raising money for new roofs? (Roofs, rooves, roofes - how do you spell that??) Anyhow, we pootled across the hills (very pretty drive it is too) and admired the flowers.. wish I could do that picture mosaic thing.. as it is I'll have to post large versions.








I completely forgot to take note of the names of the exhibits, so I apologise for that. The theme of the festival was something like the Wonders Of The Natural World. I took pictures of a few of my favourites.

I remember this one was about the food that the land gives us.. it made me smile, especially the cauliflower. Which you can't see in this picture.

I'm pretty sure this was a representation of fire. My picture of the arrangement itself was pretty naff, so you can see the close-up. The colours were beautiful.
This one was my Grannies. It's a representation of gemstones. You can't quite see the full thing.. it was very long, but very pretty. I love the colours.. and can you see the beaded flowers? She does some beautiful beading. I have a lovely necklace she made me, for my 21st. Must remember to show you that sometime. Me and Dad went for a walk around the village while Mum had a cup of tea, but I'll share that with you tomorrow. This is quite enough for one night, I think!

No comments: