***

Monday 24 August 2009

Flower Festival II



I loved these teacups... the mis-matchedness appeals to me. Should have photographed the cakes as well. It's not a great picture, I know, but I was in a bit of a hurry. I'm slowly building a collection like this, but different.




As I posted yesterday, while Mum had a cuppa, Dad and I went for a walk. It's a small village, and the church is slightly on the edge. We walked out of the village, across the bridge over the river. Was a very pretty river, and if you look upstream from the bridge, you can see the back of my Great Aunt Hildas garden.. see? That white plastic garden set? She doesn't live there any more, she died about 20 years ago. Which is a good reason for her not to live there.






Just over the river is the old train line. It's not a train line anymore, it's a brand new footpath, just been done up - the grass hasn't even grown back yet. It'll be far prettier next summer. The old station is still there, complete with a statue of an evacuee. Doreen, her name is. Not the man with the growing bald spot - that's my Daddy. The station was called Donyatt Halt, and Dad remembers catching the train at this station, which is quite an amazing thought to me.
The last thing I really want to share is this.. the signpost. Ilminster is 1 1/4 miles away.. in three different directions. I can get how Ilminster is accessible from three different directions.. but the same distance?? That's odd. You can just see the church in the background too.
It was a very good day all round. A couple of blackberries, eaten fresh from the hedge. Butterflies and bees all over the place. And pretty flowers.

No comments: