***

Sunday 16 August 2009

Show & Tell!




Before I write my proper post.. have very important news.. JOULES AUTUMN/WINTER COLLECTION IS OUT!!! The excitement cannot be contained! I want so much of it, and I can't afford it. NOOO!! Have a look.. it's on my links list. Just don't buy what I want and make it sell out, or I may have to kill you.



Anyhow.. this is supposed to be the show and tell from the last few days, including St Ives. Sorry I havn't posted, have had a slightly hectic few days. Anyhoo.. These are (some of) my fabulous recent purchases. From St Ives, the spotty paper napkins, and spotty cake cases to match. I also bought a very nice navy blue skirt in Joules, which I can't show you, as I'm wearing it. It is very lovely indeed, it's quite full and spinning round while wearing it provides endless entertainment. I'm easy to please. :)


Next purchases were the cake cooling rack (havn't had one for over a year.. the old one got left in the garden and went very manky), and the pretty new red pie/cooking/serving dishes. These also match the new napkins, and the tablecloth I made a while back.. I'll show you that one another time. Finally, there's my new napkins.. proper fabric ones. They are gorgeous. Would you like to see the print?






Gorgeous, no? I love the bee's. These came from the National Trust shop at Montacute House in Somerset, which is where we spent part of today. We went to Tintinhull garden first, which was pretty, but small. They had some lovely lemon drizzle cake there. Then we travelled 5 minutes along the road to Montacute. We didn't spend any time in the house there, but had a lovely wander around the garden, and a drink in the tea-room there as well. Was very pleasant indeed. No cake though. One was enough.
On the way out through the gift shop I was accosted by the napkins. A tube of Cath Kidston rose-scented hand cream very nearly came home with me, but assurances of a future purchase meant I was able to leave without. I also Officially Began My Christmas Shopping today. I would say what I bought, but if the intended recipient (Mum) reads this, it will spoil the surprise. It's only a little stocking filler, but that's not the point.
Other news from the last few days.. did I mention I'm trying to learn to crochet? Trying is definitely the operative word.. I'm not doing overly well. I think I have chain stitch and DC under the belt OK, but I'm trying to move ahead too quickly. I really want to succeed at a Granny Square, but am failing muchly. As soon as I succeed, posting will occur.

No comments: