***

Wednesday 30 September 2009

A Grand Day Out..





Not to the moon, unfortunately. And there was very little cheese involved.





We went to Arlington Court, near Barnstaple in Devon. It's a regency house, also housing the National Carriage Collection.




Can you see the Michaelmas daisies in the above picture? Aren't they pretty?


At least, I think they're Michaelmas daisies.. not entirely sure! They were covered in beebugs and flutterbugs. There's only one bee in there, and you can't really see him, but there's a fuzzy bumble-bum in there somewhere.







Next model for my photographic attentions was a beautiful Red Admiral. He did a lovely job of holding still for me, and didn't fly off even when I got very close indeed.







I was very impressed by the Walled Kitchen Garden - just about the best one I've seen at a National Trust garden, helped (I'm sure) by the Hedgehog Houses.



I was rather envious of their pumpkin patch.






I was coveting the hydrangeas as well.. Someone described hydrangea flowers as having a 'vintage phase' .. I love that, it fits so well!






Finally, my photographs of our afternoon tea yielded some interesting results. You can see me and my daddy reflected in the tea pots. Was good tea as well, I had three cups!





The day was rounded off very nicely by a beautiful sunset, which didn't photograph too well from inside the car, but I did try!



No comments: