***

Thursday 10 September 2009

Button-y Joy!






I just got home from town. I's had fun.



Got something to go with the veggies for tea, but that's rather less exciting (I chose little stuffed chicken parcels from the butcher, if you're wondering)



I also had a quick foray into my favourite charity shop (we have many). I found a crochet hook, size 6, a pair of nice knitting needles, size unknown, a crochet pattern book, a novel-ly book and bestest of all, buttons. Would you like to see my buttons? That's not a question I ask everyone, I can assure you!


I especially like the gold military style ones, the way the gold is wearing off looks very shabby-chic. Not a clue what I'm going to do with them, but they make a lovely addition to my button jar. I have a bit of a love affair with my button jar at the moment. I keep adding random buttons to it. Which is exactly the way it should be. But I am finding it very strange when I go shopping and am more excited by buttons than by actual clothes. I'm a confirmed shopaholic, and clothing addict, so it's just plain weird to feel this way. These here are my most recent additions. The gold one came from todays haul, the others are from last week, and were bought from the habadashery shop. Oh well, the small joys are the easiest to come by!

1 comment:

...Nina Nixon... said...

Great finds - I love charity shop rummages!

Nina x