***

Thursday 17 September 2009

My First Wool






I've been shopping. (again)






Would you like to see what I've bought? There's always something so promising about a plain brown paper bag. Who knows what it contains, could be absolutely anything, but it's likely to be a little classy!



Yes, it's wool! Proper wool yarn as well, I've only ever worked with acrylic before. It's going to be for my first proper project, once I'm feeling ready for it.. a Granny Square Blanket, of course! I'm going to have a few more practice runs with my acrylic yarns first.. the proper stuff is far too nice for me to muck it up!

I've got six colours, of Rowan Pure Wool 4-ply. I've got navy blue, a bright mustard yellow, a rich holly berry red, Granny Smith Green, a maroony burgundy (almost exactly the colour of my primary school uniform!) and a mid blue, which is almost exactly the same as Joules Ensign Blue, from A/W 08! I can tell because I'm sat here in an Ensign Blue Polo! That in itself is quite exciting to me. The colours are all pretty true, except the green. It's really washed out in this picture. I love the combination of colours, it's really autumnal but rich and bright. I've only got these six balls, because I'm not vastly well endowed with cash, and I'm not overly worried about dye batches for a blanket.. clothing would be different. I'm very excited about my first proper project! I'm going to do some practice squares now. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I really like Rowan Wool - you can't beat knitting at this time of year! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!