***

Thursday 8 October 2009

Walkies!


Did you know that Sloe gin and orange juice mixed together comes out the most disgusting colour? Me neither, until now.


I can't believe how long it's been since my last post! Especially as I had last week off work, I hardly posted at all.


Anyway.. I cooked a lovely meal tonight (if I do say so myself!), following a recipe from Attic24. It's from October 2008, so you might have to rummage around a little to find it, but it's exceedingly yummy!









It's all cheesy and lentil-y and vegetabley, and exceedingly healthy! The colours are fantastic, see?








Earlier today I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time.. I walked to the Garden Centre. It's quite a long walk, which is why I didn't do it before, but the weather today was beautiful and I need some more daffodil bulbs and preferably some autumn bedding plants. Unfortunately payday is tomorrow, and I have NO money left, so didn't actually buy anything. I will do tomorrow, but I have to work.. maybe I'll go again on Sunday.. will see what the weather does! It was a beautiful walk.. but I don't reccomend walking on narrow pavements along the side of the A38! Occasionally scary. Would you like to see some of my pictures?







This is Wellingtons very own Balamory street.. there's a lilac one that you can't see, coz it's behind me. I know the lady who lives in the orange one.. apparently it's Etruscan Sunset. Myself, I think she's been Tangoed.

















Fabulously crunchy, kickable leaves. I swore I saw a driver laughing at me as he passed, but that could have been because I nearly fell over trying to take this picture.



There's an aviary at the garden centre.


Now that is a budgie with attitude. That's some serious evils he's giving me.



Oh, and they have a cat there..


No comments: