***

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Nail Varnish Comparison - Barry M vs Nails Inc

Now, if someone told me they were comparing Barry M to Nails Inc, I'd have to say there's no contest - Nails Inc every time! (Although Barry M is probably my favourite budget range) but I have recently found myself with two almost identical varnishes.. Barry Ms Arabian and Nails Incs Swiss Cottage. It was an accident, in my defence. I've had the Barry M one for a while, and I was in TK Maxx and they have such good deals on beauty andimsorryitjusthappened. Anyway.. 

To the comparison! To start with, I have painted one nail in each colour. I CANNOT see a difference. The Nails Inc might have slightly more gold.. But it's hard to say, the way the varnish works, changing colour with the light angle means it could be a trick of the light. The formulas are also similar, I did two coats of both, and they both offer great coverage, very similar after the first coat as well. The brush is slightly better on the Nails Inc one, it's fuller and softer. To be honest, I would expect that! The difference in their (full) price is fairly sizeable, Barry M being £3.99 and the Nails Inc being £11.50, although it is worth mentioning that it doesn't appear to be a current colour. 
Nails Inc is on the middle finger, Barry M on the ring finger. Sure, the application isn't perfect, but that's me, not the varnish. 
My own personally snobbery means I'd rather have the Nails Inc one, and the application is a little easier with the wider brush. But really.. There's no difference that's worth paying an extra £8 for. If you find it in TK Maxx though, it's £4.99, and then it probably is worth it! They had a fantastic range yesterday of Nails Inc and OPI, so it's worth a look!
 Do you know any other near-perfect dupes? 

No comments: